Thursday, May 8, 2008

Why am I a tool?

So why is it a big deal when someone takes the time t maneuver their walker up the stairs, all the way up to the balcony to flag me down and tell me that I am unleashing the hounds of hell upon this unsuspecting congregation with all this racket? Seriously, why does that piss me off so bad? Why do I have a hard time returning a kind word to someone who is genuinely worked up over the nature of the worship service?

I met with a group of technical directors recently, and I stated that I am an arrogant bastard. You know something, I really am. I have a hard time allowing the spirit of Christ to react when people are critical of my sacred mix. It's pretty pathetic really when I think about it. After all, who is the mix for, because with the way that I react, it would seem that it is entirely for me. The paradox exists in the fact that I have a genuine love for the worship environment and helping to create a worship experience that heals people, sets them free, and changes their lives.

So I am going to stop letting my pride get in the way of how I value the beloved of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header hand photo by Aaron Murphy